Do you want silky smooth skin that stays hair-free for weeks? Laser hair removal could be the answer. In recent years, laser treatments have become hugely popular due to their long-term results – just think of all the time and energy you’ll save from skipping salon appointments! That being said, if you take the right precautions beforehand and understand what elements are necessary for an effective treatment, you can achieve beautiful results with minimal disruption to your daily routine. Here are some top tips and dos & don’ts of laser hair removal so that whether you choose at-home or in-salon procedures, your journey towards permanently removing unwanted facial or body hair can be managed safely and effectively.
- Consult your doctor or dermatologist before undergoing laser hair removal. Let them know your medical history and any medications you may be taking, as these could affect the procedure.
- Choose a reliable clinic with a knowledgeable and experienced technician who can give you advice on how to prepare for the treatment.
- Read up about different treatments so you can make an informed decision about what’s best for your skin.
- If it’s your first time, undergo a test patch to assess the effectiveness of the laser on your particular hair colour and type.
- Make sure you follow pre-treatment advice from your technician such as avoiding sun exposure and heat treatments several days prior to treatment, and shaving the area to be treated 24 hours before.
- Wear protective eyewear during treatment to prevent any damage to your eyes.
- Follow post-treatment care instructions such as using a sunscreen with an SPF of 30 or higher, avoiding scrubbing or exfoliating the treated area for at least 2 days, and staying out of saunas, pools, and hot tubs for at least 48 hours.
- Don’t pluck, wax, or bleach the hair in the area to be treated prior to laser hair removal.
- Avoid sun exposure and tanning beds in the weeks before your procedure as this can darken the skin color, making it difficult to target the hair follicles accurately.
- Don’t use any other hair removal products on the area during treatment as this could interfere with results.
- Don’t go for a ‘cheap deal’ without doing your research, as discount treatments may not be performed using safe and effective equipment.
- Avoid unqualified technicians who use outdated technology or techniques, as this could result in permanent skin damage.
- Never skip your post-care instructions – these are just as important as the treatment itself!
Ultimately, laser hair removal is an effective and safe way to reduce unwanted hair growth with minimal disruption to your daily routine. Whether you opt for an at-home device or seek professional help from a qualified technician, just make sure you do your research and take all the necessary precautions prior to treatment. But if you choose to have the procedure done by a professional, at DermApproach, we specialize in laser hair removal services using the latest technology, Cynosure Apogee Elite. We understand that you’re looking for a safe and beautiful outcome from your laser treatment, which is why we provide our patients with education on what to do before and after their appointment to maximize their results. So why wait? Contact us today to schedule your appointment!